Healing, Health and Art
I have had the pleasure of being involved for numerous years with the University Hospital Art Program. From developing art to sitting as the Director of Art and Culture. I believe that creativity has a strong connection to health, healing and well-being.
Studies show that engaging in any creative process is healing. Whether you make a simple drawing or collage, look at art or talk about it, creativity and the arts can help you:
1. Express thoughts and emotions that can be hard to put into words
2. Lower stress and anxiety
3. Relax and feel calmer and happier
4. Connect with yourself on a deep level, no matter what you are going through
5. Find meaning in life experiences
6. Cope with grief and loss
7. Form new connections with others
8. Shift your focus away from pain or stressful thoughts to activities that are soothing, enjoyable and fun
9. Create something unique that gives you a sense of pleasure and accomplishment.
I will support you in developing a selection of work to facilitate the healing and health of patients, visitors and staff.